Different markets have different requirements, and attempting to export to several different countries from day one, is both unwise and costly.
Tailoring your proposition to suit each individual market/region is essential if you are to guarantee you meet customer expectations. The Export Department takes time to understand your business, your proposition, and your available resources in order to help you choose which market is the best fit and can offer the greatest return.
Once you have decided upon a target market, there are several activities we can perform in conjunction with you or on your behalf in order to best prepare your business and your proposition, these include but are not limited to:
- Market visits for the purpose of customer/competitor research or customer/distributor/agent meetings;
- Manage the internationalisation of your online presence (website, social media etc.). We can manage the process of copy translation and imagery alterations to maximise the appeal of your online presence and brand to your target audience;
- Advise on suitable online marketplaces and appropriate marketing strategies should you be looking to sell direct to your target market via the online channel;
- Manage the translation and adaptation of packaging/labelling;
- Manage the adaptation of technical and marketing collateral i.e. POS, brochures, product data sheets, etc.
- Drawing on specialist advice, ensure that your proposition is protected in terms of Intellectual Property;
- Create and implement a distribution strategy and structure;
- Initiate and manage lead generation and opportunity identification in the target market;
- If applicable, manage the sourcing of distributors and agents;
- Generate or review customer and distributor/agent contracts;
- Create a pricing strategy incorporating INCOTERMS and exchange rate considerations;
- Manage the establishment of payment terms and arrangement of payment methods;
- Manage the application for export licenses where applicable;
- Where after-sales support is not being managed locally, establish an after-sales support process/facility;
- Ensure your compliance with customs regulations through effective communication and instruction with parcel carriers/freight forwarders.